Magewell’s USB Capture Plus external video capture devices enable all types of computers including laptops to capture professional video and audio signals through a standard USB 3.0 interface, with no additional power source required. Featuring driver-free installation and automatic input detection for true plug-and-play operation, USB Capture Plus devices are the easiest and most reliable way to bring high-quality video and audio into popular software applications for live streaming, encoding, web conferencing, collaboration, medical imaging, lecture capture and more.
The USB Capture HDMI Plus captures video up to 1920x1200 or 2048x1080 at 60 frames per second over its HDMI 1.4 interface. It also supports 4K HDMI inputs at 60fps (with 4:2:0 color subsampling) or 30fps (4:4:4), down-converting them automatically to HD for capture and recording. (See “Related Products” for additional models with different input connectivity and native 4K capture).
An HDMI loop-through connection reduces workflow costs and complexity by enabling source signals to be sent simultaneously to additional displays or equipment without the need for external splitters or routers. Embedded audio support is complemented by separate analog audio input and output for capture and monitoring.
FPGA-based video processing provides high-quality up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing, color space conversion and more while maximizing host system CPU availability for third-party software.
- Enables all types of computers including laptops to capture professional video and audio signals through a standard USB 3.0 interface, with no additional power source required
- Captures one channel of video up to 1920x1200 or 2048x1080 (including 1920x1080p60) over an HDMI 1.4 interface
- Also supports 4K HDMI inputs at 60fps (4:2:0) or 30fps (4:4:4), down-converting them automatically to HD for capture and recording
- Zero-CPU, FPGA-based video processing including up/down/cross-conversion, de-interlacing, color space conversion and more
- Loop-through connection reduces workflow costs and complexity
- Embedded audio support plus analog microphone input and analog stereo headphone output
- USB 3.0 interface
- Compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems and popular OS-native APIs
- Free USB Capture Utility software provides advanced control of capture settings and access to detailed status information
- SDK for custom third-party development